A great collection of some of the best love quotes
- People who are sensible about love are incapable of it.
- Douglas Yates
- Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.
- Peter Ustinov
- Love has no desire but to fulfill itself. To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night. To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving.
- Kahlil Gibran
- All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love.
- Leo Tolstoy
- Love is not blind - it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less.
- Julins Gordon
- I learned the real meaning of love. Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people, you can set your watch by them. And that's love, even if it doesn't seem very exciting.
- Sylvester Stallone
- The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.
- Victor Hugo
- We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.
- Candle light, moon light, star light,
The brightest glow is from love light.
- Grey Livingston
- Love does not dominate; it cultivates.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working; and just so, you learn to love by loving. All those who think to learn in any other way deceive themselves.
- Saint Francis de Sales
- Love builds bridges where there are none.
- R.H. Delaney
- Love is like a bed of roses, there are many thorns. The path to true happiness lies in learning to avoid the thorns, while enjoying the roses.
- Lillian Carol Russell
- The most important things to do in the world are to get something to eat, something to drink and somebody to love you.
- Brandan Behan
- Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love.
- Erich Fromm
- A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love.
- Henri B. Stendhal
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
- Lao Tzu
- Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.
- Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.
- Kahlil Gibran
- Love is a game that two can play and both win.
- Eva Gabor
- Love is, above all, the gift of oneself.
- Jean Anouilh
- Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
- Robert Heinlein
- Love is no respecter of age or practicality
Neither morality: unabashed
She enters where she will
Unheeding that her immortal fires
Burn up human hearts
- Phillip Pulfrey
- The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain.
- Marvin Jay M. Torres
- Take away love and our earth is a tomb.
- Robert Browning
- Love does not die easily. It is a living thing. It thrives in the face of all of life's hazards, save one - neglect.
- James D. Bryden
- The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we can never give enough of is love.
- Henry Miller
- Infantile love follows the principle: "I love because I am loved."
Mature love follows the principle: "I am loved because I love."
Immature love says: "I love you because I need you."
Mature love says: "I need you because I love you."
- Erich Fromm
- There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.
- George Sand
- If you have love in your life it can make up for a great many things you lack. If you don't have it, no matter what else there is, it's not enough.
- Ann Landers
- Love is what you've been through with somebody.
- James Thurber
- I like not only to be loved, but to be told I am loved.
- George Eliot
- It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
- Samuel Butler
- Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
- Love cures people, both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.
- Dr. Karl Enage